The 2006 Outro: Looking Back At A Year In Which We Joined A Grand Pantheon Of Cranky Old Farts
Idolator has only been around for three short months, but trust us, it feels more like ten long years. And what have we learned in our brief lifetime?
- A lot of music writers need to re-take Journalism 101, while a lot of music bloggers need to re-take Intro To Eighth-Grade Yearbook Essentials.
– Sometimes, a satirically crappy magazine is even more laughable than an actually crappy magazine.
– We should only write about boring country-pop stars when they flip their wig on national television.
– No matter how much you plan and prepare, you’ll always have to stop and take an unexpected leak.
– People just don’t seem to have strong feelings about bands like Lily Allen, the Knife, and the Hold Steady.
– You can never get enough mileage out of the phrase “shiny brown turd”…
– …or, for that matter, a phrase like “swingin’ on the flippity flop.”
– Nobody likes a sellout–nor do they like a long rant about said sellouts.
– Being forced to watch the American Music Awards should require hazard pay.
– Glenn Danzig is our favorite heavy-metal weiner(sp?).
– And finally: We have the best commenters in the whole damn world–even if one of them really needs to get a haircut.