A brief list of SXSW odds and ends that, for whatever reason, didn’t get their own posts:
- Willie Nelson Spring Water: When asked if it was spiked with THC, the people distributing it would only grin and say, “You never know.”
- Most sublime moment: Walking down Sixth Street on a frustrating Thursday, and hearing Expose’s “Point Of No Return” blaring from a restaurant. (We really should have held that freestyle party.)
- The best bang-per-hour quotient of any SXSW promoter: Todd P. (Although we wish Marnie Stern hadn’t played to her CD.)
- Bands we kept missing, but wanted to see: Hot Club de Paris, Mary Timony, The Wombats.
- Band we couldn’t escape: The Pipettes. And we thought Peter, Bjorn & John were overexposed!
- Band we became interested in once we saw one of Ghostface’s ad hoc backup dancers wearing their shirt: Mika Miko.
- Who are not to be confused with: Mika, who was fine, although his resemblance to Marcel from Top Chef was more than a little unnerving.