At 8 p.m. ET, we’ll be right here, liveblogging the two-hour, Ellen DeGeneres-hosted telethonish edition of American Idol. It’ll feature so many celebrity run-ins, it’ll feel like the most star-packed episode of The Love Boat in years! According to the Idol boards that we pore over in our spare time, tonight’s highlights will include:
• Madonna … and Bono! (Though not together, we think!)
• Kelly Clarkson … and Jeff Beck!
• Carrie Underwood, live-via-tape from Africa!
• Borat, lost in an ocean of sincerity!
• Someone–maybe Chris, or maybe Lakisha–getting kicked off! Or not!
• And, of course, the most frightening meeting of musical legends since Nickelback jammed with ZZ Top!
We’ll see you back here at 8 p.m. ET–to get ready, you should check out the six remaining contestants’ iTunes’ playlists, which are full of many surprises and John Mayer mentions. (Jordin Sparks declaring her love of Sufjan Stevens? Guess she just sewed up the music-blog vote for sure.)