• Jack White tried to plug leaks and silence critics, but his plans for world domination were foiled by iTunes.
• Meanwhile, Gnarls Barkley dropped its album a little early.
• Music blogging: So easy, a caveman (with a computer) can do it?
• Chuck Eddy sought the heat with a Lonesome Thug Lady and a girl who just wants you to Google her.
• Kate had an unfortunate run-in with Tokio Hotel.
• Spin in 1990: Charmingly clueless about hip-hop. Spin in 2008: Charmingly ga-ga for R.E.M.
• We said goodbye to American Idol‘s skunk-haired Janis Joplin wannabe Amanda Overmyer–but we may be saying hello to her again soon.
• Jess examined the current state of pop-punk.
• Madonna gave us all something to suck on.
&bull, Finally, here’s Idolator’s last mention of South By Southwest… until next year, of course.
[Pic via my new favorite page on the Internet]