With six hours to go until the final episode of this American Idol season, our poll, DialIdol, and Zabasearch are all claiming that David Cook’s grunge revivalism has won the Internet version of the show, despite the three judges last night being firmly in the tank for David Archuleta. Whether or not those predictions are correct is an outcome we’ll all have to wait many hours for, but in the two hours between the show’s opening sequence and the confetti-filled finale, we’re going to have lots of entertainment to fill the time (and live-blogging space! what, you thought I was going to miss this?) between commercial breaks. Rumors are flying that Madonna, the Jonas Brothers, and Seal (?!) are going to show up–we’ve collected a bunch of finale spoilers after the jump.
• Jason Castro has said that one of the guest stars could be known as “codename Virgin Airlines,” which could mean Madonna… or it could mean the Spice Girls, who, don’t forget, have a Virgin Atlantic jet named after them and are also managed by Idol creator Simon Fuller.
• However, E! is claiming that the biggest star in the world slated to appear on tonight’s show is, in fact, George Michael, which makes me wonder if we’ll be hearing “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” again.
• Not among the biggest stars in the world, but also scheduled to appear: The Jonas Brothers, Donna Summer, and ZZ Top. Ah, I hope this means Michael Johns will bust out “Tush”!
• Also, Seal, perhaps so Brooke White can sing “Crazy.”
• Carrie Underwood will sing her new single, “Last Name,” and other Idol contestants from years past will be on hand. Taylor Hicks, alas, will not be one of them, as he’s currently bringing the wamp to Italy.
• Nigel Lythgoe is promising another “dead Elvis”-style duet. God, if it’s John Lennon doing “Imagine,” I’m going to imagine that there’s no Fox affiliate on the TV in my living room and switch to Law & Order immediately.
• Lythgoe also hinted to Ryan Seacrest this morning that Jason Castro was going to reprise “Hallelujah” tonight.
Season 7 Finale Spoilers [MJ's Big Blog]