So, you may have noticed that things look a bit different around here. That’s because after a year of being in a weird code limbo between Gawker and Buzznet, we’ve moved over to our new home, which has WordPress under the hood and which should prove to solve at least a few of the issues that have plagued the site over the past 12 months. Still, you may have questions! Most of them should be answered after the jump.
• If you have a commenter account that has an e-mail address attached, you can reset your password with our lost password page. Which now works! For real!
• If you have a commenter account but it doesn’t have an e-mail address attached, you can do one of two things: You can drop me a line with your username and I’ll get things sorted, or you can register anew. (You’ll be able to keep anonymity / pseudonymity; just use a throwaway e-mail account from a service like GMail or, if you really want to keep things on the DL, Mailinator.)
• If your commenter account has mysteriously gone missing (owenmeany and sydbarrett05–I know this has happened to you), e-mail me (mauraATidolatorDOTcom) and I’ll go on the hunt for your data. (This may take a day or two.)
• If you read Idolator via RSS feed, nothing should really change, although if your feed drops off after a while, please let me know.
• If you notice any other bugs–any at all!–or just stuff that annoys you, drop me a line as well. The flexibility afforded by WordPress will allow us to make more design tweaks; as we settle into our new home, these tweaks should become more comfortable. It’ll be like breaking in a new pair of shoes that look just like your old favorite ones! And that won’t go mysteriously missing when you’re in the middle of wearing them.
Cars – Hello Again [Dailymotion]