Breaking Down The 2010 Grammy Nominations
LL Cool J hosted the The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!!—Countdown To Music’s Biggest Night on CBS last night, while Nick Jonas debuted new song “Who I Am” and the Black Eyed Peas, Sugarland and Maxwell all performed in between nomination announcements. (Hey, wait—BEP, Sugarland and Maxwell all got Grammy nods, too. What a coincidence!)
Hop below to check out a few observations and key points about the 2010 Grammy nominees.
Smokey Robinson and Ringo Starr announcing Record Of The Year and Album Of The Year nominees
* Whitney Houston—whose most recent album I Look To You saw its release bumped up a day early in late August to make the cut-off for Grammy consideration—was snubbed.
* Possibly the most awesome nomination ever: The Lonely Island & T-Pain’s “I’m On A Boat” for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
* Beyonce received the most nods, with ten in all (including Album Of The Year for I Am… Sasha Fierce, Song Of The Year for “Single Ladies” and Record Of The Year for “Halo”)
* Taylor Swift: eight nominations (including Album Of The Year for Fearless, Song Of The Year and Record Of The Year, both for “You Belong With Me”)
* Kanye West, The Black Eyed Peas and Maxwell all received six nods.
* Lady Gaga is a five-time nominee this year, in the Album Of The Year, Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Best Dance Recording and Best Dance/Electronic Album categories.
* The-Dream didn’t seem to happy with “the ignorant voters” not recognizing him for Album Of The Year. Check out his Twitter rant:
* Jordin Sparks, on the other hand, took the high road:
* Number of our Best New Artist predictions that came true: three out of five (MGMT, Zac Brown Band and Keri Hilson)
* Our Best New Artist predictions that didn’t come true: Owl City and David Cook
* It didn’t turn out to be too shabby this year for the Brits—Adele, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, Coldplay and the Ting Tings were all nominated
* Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles sure can sang:
Catch the list of 2010 Grammy nominees here. The ceremony airs on January 31.