Folks, we already know that in addition to being the Bob Dylan of this generation, Ke$ha is a walking soundbite machine. But in her recent interview with MTV conducted at the Bamboozle festival (pics of Ke$ha at Bamboozle here), the “Your Love Is My Drug” diva went off on everything from the backlash following her SNL performance to her penchant for guys with beards. Hear Ke$ha’s pearls of wisdom after the jump!
A roundup of our favorite Ke$ha quotes from this interview:
* “I don’t use Auto Tune.”
* “I’m not a bitch.”
* On her SNL performance: “If you don’t like dancing astronauts, laser beams that play music, me talking about aliens, glow-in the dark things, vocoders and a hot chick, I don’t know what to tell you. My new theory is—I don’t really listen or look at anything. But I have heard through the grapevine that some people thought it sucked and some people thought it was great. Don’t care. I had a fun time. I played laser beams.”
* “Just in general, fuck the cynics.”
* “Who would you rather hang out with—that cynical dude or me with my laser beams?”
* “I’ve always been into bearded dudes. Hello? I’m from Nashville. I just like hillbillys.”
* “The video for ‘Your Love Is My Drug’—well, first of all, I wrote this song on an airplane in like ten minutes.”
* On taking inspiration from Yellow Submarine: “I like love the Beatles and the ’70s animation I think is cool.”
NOTE: We’d point out that—ahem— Yellow Submarine came out in 1968 and that the Beatles split in 1970, but anything that causes Ke$ha to stop speaking would be a bad thing.