‘Glee’ Showstops Stone Temple Pilots From Hitting #1 On The Chart
Last week, Glee’s tie-in soundtrack album Glee: The Music—Vol. 3, Showstoppers had the advantage of a light release schedule working in its favor. Thus, the album retains its #1 position on Billboard’s Top 200 chart, albeit after a 54% decrease in sales. (Vol. 3 sold 136,000 copies in its first week of release, as opposed to the 63,000 copies moved over the past seven days.)
Only one new LP debuts in the Top 10 this week—Stone Temple Pilots’ self-titled sixth studio set (at #2), which is the alt rock band’s first since 2001 album Shangri-La Dee Da. STP’s latest sold a total of 62,000 copies last week.
And as for the rest of the upper reaches of the chart…
The Top 10 of Billboard’s Top 200 Albums:
1. Glee Cast, Glee: The Music—Vol. 3, Showstoppers
2. Stone Temple Pilots, Stone Temple Pilots *new*
3. Justin Bieber, My World 2.0
4. Lady Antebellum, Need You Now
5. Usher, Raymond v. Raymond
6. Lady Gaga, The Fame
7. The Rolling Stones, Exile On Main St.
8. The Black Keys, Brothers
9. Carole King & James Taylor, Live At The Troubadour
10. Damian Marley & Nas, Distant Relatives