By now we all know it—Miley Cyrus simply can’t be tamed. Her outfits show it. Her behavior shows it. Heck—even Dancing With The Stars has shown it. But now that the critics have weighed in on the 17-year-old Hannah Montana star’s music video for “Can’t Be Tamed,” let’s read what Miley herself has to say about her new grown up image, direct from this week’s Billboard cover story.
Here are the seven classiest quotes we rounded up from Miley Cyrus’ Billboard cover piece:
* On pop music: “I listen to zero pop music, which is really weird from someone who makes pop music.”
* On making pop music: “My 13-year-old self would have beaten up my 17-year-old self because she would be like, ‘You’re a sellout!’”
* On her new album: “I’m not just sitting here trying to sell glitz and glamour. A lot of [pop] songs are super shallow, but this music isn’t.”
* On her “Can’t Be Tamed” video: “I’m definitely going to be doing a lot more stuff like that.”
* On Lady Gaga: “Unlike a lot of artists, all her music does mean something to her personally.”
* On Glee: “Honestly, musicals? I just can’t. What if this was real life and I was just walking down the street on Rodeo Drive and all of a sudden I just burst into song about how much I love shoes?” [Note: We think that would be amazing.]
* After pondering her previous statement: “It would get hits on YouTube.”
So let’s assess: pop’s reigning princess dislikes pop music and Glee, makes music that isn’t “shallow” and promises that her more adult image won’t be going away anytime soon.
What do you think about Miley’s classy Billboard quotes?