[UPDATE: Bieber just bested Gaga with 245, 074, 968 hits. Well done, all you Biebheads. But don't think those little monsters will go down without a fight.] Will Lady Gaga’s epic music video “Bad Romance,” YouTube’s most-watched video to date, have its honor usurped by a “Baby”? As of this posting, there are only 81, 214 clicks between “Bad Romance” and Justin Bieber’s video for “Baby”. We don’t doubt the prowess of either artist’s crazed fan base—Gaga’s little monsters can be just as obsessive as all the Beliebers our there, so count on this war of the page views to get ugly. (And LOL-worthy.)
To be honest, we think the real winner here is Miley Cyrus, who has three music videos in the Top 10 Most Watched YouTube Music Videos of All Time. List below, because we know you’re curious what all the kids are YouTubing nowadays.
Most Watched Music Videos On YouTube
1. “Bad Romance” Lady Gaga (245,052,248)
2. “Baby” Justin Bieber feat. Ludacris (244,971,034)
3. “Party In The U.S.A.” Miley Cyrus (138,364,304)
4. “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)” Pitbull (131,635,190)
5. “7 Things” Miley Cyrus (138,364,304)
6. “Just Dance” Lady Gaga (116,919,991)
7. “The Climb” Miley Cyrus (100,053,603)
8. “Waka Waka (This Time For Africa)” Shakira (99,858,373)
9. “Say OK” Vanessa Hudgens (89,043,196)
10. “Apologize” Timbaland feat. OneRepublic (87,335,518)
We’re completely surprised to see Vanessa Hudgens up there, mostly because she hasn’t been up to much as of late. Guess those High School Musical fans are still pretty dedicated to the cast. The popularity of Shakira’s “Waka Waka” isn’t shocking, since it’s a music video intended for a global audience, but we’re impressed it was able to score so many hits in so little time.
As for Pitbull’s “I Know You Want Me” coming in at #4? Well, some things just cannot be explained.