Billboard reports that Kaleidoscope Heart sold 90,000 copies out of the gate. In fact, the publication points out that overall album sales in this past chart week marked the lowest weekly sales figure since SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991. Will yesterday’s releases by Linkin Park, Brandon Flowers and Trey Songz—and next week’s from Maroon 5, Zac Brown Band and Santana—give the biz a much-needed shot in the arm?
Three other albums crack the lower half of the Top 10 on the Top 200 this week: Stone Sour’s Audio Secrecy (#6), Interpol’s self-titled fourth LP (#7) and Anberlin’s Dark Is The Way, Light Is A Place (#9).
But for now, Sara Bareilles is Queen Of The Chart—and a humble one at that. Check out the hashtag on her latest tweet: “Album chart is final: I have the # 1 album this week. #wwwholyshitdotcom”
The Top 10 of Billboard’s Top 200 Albums:
1. Sara Bareilles, Kaleidoscope Heart *new*
2. Eminem, Recovery
3. Various, Now That’s What I Call Music! Vol. 35
4. Katy Perry, Teenage Dream
5. Disturbed, Asylum
6. Stone Sour, Audio Secrecy *new*
7. Interpol, Interpol *new*
8. Justin Bieber, My World 2.0
9. Anberlin, Dark Is The Way, Light Is A Place *new*
10. Various, Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam