Bullets In The Gun, 49-year-old singer Toby Keith’s 15th studio album, knocks fellow country artist Kenny Chesney off the summit of the Billboard Top 200 this week. That said, Keith has the dubious honor of posting the lowest debut sales (71,000 copies) for a #1 album since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking LP data in 1991. Still, Bullets moved enough units to best Bruno Mars’ opening with Doo-Wops & Hooligans.
With Kenny Chesney’s Hemingway’s Whiskey bumped down to #2 on the Top 200 this week, Idolator’s favorite bowling partner Bruno Mars settles for a #3 debut after Doo-Wops & Hooligans opened with 55,000 copies.
The only other new entry in the Top 10 this week comes in the form of rapper Waka Flocka Flame’s debut LP Flockaveli, which goes in at #6 on sales of 37,000 copies.
So where did our John Lennon “Imagine” poll winner David Archuleta land with The Other Side Of Down? Hits Daily Double shows A Fine Frenzy’s new BFF entering at #15 on its building album sales chart, after having sold about 23,675 copies of his latest effort. The full Billboard Top 200 will be published tomorrow morning.
The Top 10 of Billboard’s Top 200 Albums:
1. Toby Keith, Bullets In The Gun *new*
2. Kenny Chesney, Hemingway’s Whiskey
3. Bruno Mars, Doo-Wops & Hooligans *new*
4. Eminem, Recovery
5. Zac Brown Band, You Get What You Give
6. Waka Flocka Flame, Flockaveli *new*
7. Linkin Park, A Thousand Suns
8. Katy Perry, Teenage Dream
9. Trey Songz, Passion, Pain & Pleasure
10. Selena Gomez & The Scene, A Year Without Rain