7 Classy Quotes From Ke$ha’s ‘Billboard’ Cover Story
We already know Complex cover girl Ke$ha is a walking sound bite machine. After all, one need only refer back to her Rolling Stone feature from earlier this year or her 2009 interview with Billboard to get a load of her trademark zingers. And actually, the fine folks at Billboard apparently can’t get enough of the “We R Who We R” singer’s wicked tongue, because she finally landed on the cover of the publication, for its Year In Music issue. Naturally, that meant more quotes—and we happily rounded up the best of them below!
7 CLASSY QUOTES FROM KE$HA’S BILLBOARD COVER STORY
* “All I know is that I sounded just as good as anybody else on SNL. And I like glow-in-the-dark body paint.”
* “I remember pulling up to the [MTV Video Music Awards in September] with Dr. Luke in a DeLorean wearing a garbage-bag dress with the paparazzi chasing me. I was having an anxiety attack, like, ‘I just wrote some pop songs, man!'”
* “Sometimes I need to remind myself that ‘TiK ToK’ only went to No. 1 in January. Because it kind of feels like it was 17 years ago.”
* “All you have to do is look at Cannibal to see that you can still celebrate life in a non-douche bag way.”
* “…having my first single classified as kind of a rap song felt bizarre to me. But now it’s become something of a trademark. And it’s becoming more legitimate: I’ve talked to some of my favorite rap artists over the past year—artists who are idols—and they’ve given me mad props.”
* “I’m not just one thing, which may be hard to grasp. I want to show that you can be funny and hot; you can drink and read. People are still getting used to what I am.”
Funny and hot? Drink and read? Oh, boy—keep it cla$$y, K! Fingers are crossed for a lot more of your wisdom in 2011, girl.