7 CLASSY QUOTES FROM KE$HA’S BILLBOARD COVER STORY
* “All I know is that I sounded just as good as anybody else on SNL. And I like glow-in-the-dark body paint.”
* “I remember pulling up to the [MTV Video Music Awards in September] with Dr. Luke in a DeLorean wearing a garbage-bag dress with the paparazzi chasing me. I was having an anxiety attack, like, ‘I just wrote some pop songs, man!’”
* “Sometimes I need to remind myself that ‘TiK ToK’ only went to No. 1 in January. Because it kind of feels like it was 17 years ago.”
* “All you have to do is look at Cannibal to see that you can still celebrate life in a non-douche bag way.”
* “…having my first single classified as kind of a rap song felt bizarre to me. But now it’s become something of a trademark. And it’s becoming more legitimate: I’ve talked to some of my favorite rap artists over the past year—artists who are idols—and they’ve given me mad props.”
* “I’m not just one thing, which may be hard to grasp. I want to show that you can be funny and hot; you can drink and read. People are still getting used to what I am.”
Funny and hot? Drink and read? Oh, boy—keep it cla$$y, K! Fingers are crossed for a lot more of your wisdom in 2011, girl.