Grammy winners Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo had never had an LP reach higher than #44 (Daft Punk’s seminal Discovery) prior to the TRON: Legacy soundtrack. But after initially debuting at #10 last month, the cinematic electronic album has taken advantage of the post-Christmas drop many other artists suffered this week and jumped up from #27 to #6.
Also re-entering the Top 10: Doo-Wops & Hooligans (#7) and Teenage Dream (#9), from 2011 Grammy nominees Bruno Mars and Katy Perry, respectively.
Meanwhile, it’s a fifth non-consecutive week at #1 for Taylor Swift’s Speak Now, an album that, when all said and done, wound up being the third biggest-seller of the 2010.
The Top 10 of Billboard’s Top 200 chart:
1. Taylor Swift, Speak Now *5 weeks*
2. Eminem, Recovery
3. Rihanna, Loud
4. Nicki Minaj, Pink Friday
5. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
6. Daft Punk, TRON: Legacy soundtrack
7. Bruno Mars, Doo-Wops & Hooligans
8. Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More
9. Katy Perry, Teenage Dream
10. Keyshia Cole, Calling All Hearts