Last week Taylor Swift spent a sixth non-consecutive week on top of the album chart with Speak Now, which sold 52,000 copies—at that point, a record low for a #1 LP. Cake’s Showroom Of Compassion has now snatched that dishonor away from Tay Tay a mere seven days later, after selling around 44,000 copies out of the gate.
It’s a hollow victory for an album that leads ahead of two other debuts in the Top 10 this week: Cage The Elephant’s sophomore set Thank You, Happy Birthday (#2 with 39,000) and the self-titled debut from Can You Duet country duo Steel Magnolia (#7 with 28,000).
Hell, we’re just bummed that Daft Punk climbed to a career high of #4 last week with the TRON: Legacy soundtrack, and have now fallen out of the Top 10 altogether.
The Top 10 of Billboard’s Top 200 chart:
1. Cake, Showroom Of Compassion *new* *1 week*
2. Cage The Elephant, Thank You, Happy Birthday *new*
3. Taylor Swift, Speak Now
4. Bruno Mars, Doo-Wops & Hooligans
5. Nicki Minaj, Pink Friday
6. Various, Country Strong soundtrack
7. Steel Magnolia, Steel Magnolia *new*
8. Rihanna, Loud
9. Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More
10. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy