Adele Extends Album Chart Reign To Six Weeks
Billboard reports that Rolling Stone cover girl Adele sold another 124,000 copies of this year’s breakout hit LP 21, enough to keep her safely lodged in the #1 position on the Top 200 for a sixth non-consecutive week. There are no new entries in the Top 10, and the only noteworthy factor about the new chart is that 21 is now tied with Taylor Swift’s Speak Now, Susan Boyle’s I Dreamed A Dream and Norah Jones’ Feels Like Home for female solo albums that have spent six weeks at #1 over the past decade. Only one female solo LP has racked up more time at the top in that period: Swift’s Fearless (11 weeks).
The Top 10 of Billboard’s Top 200 chart:
1. Adele, 21 *6 weeks*
2. Foo Fighters, Wasting Light
3. Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More
4. Britney Spears, Femme Fatale
5. Lemonade Mouth Cast, Lemonade Mouth
6. Chris Brown, F.A.M.E.
7. Glee Cast, Glee: The Music Presents The Warblers
8. Katy Perry, Teenage Dream
9. Wiz Khalifa, Rolling Papers
10. Paul Simon, So Beautiful Or So What