Jennifer Lopez Not Sure If She’s Returning To ‘Idol’ — So Who Should Replace Her?
Jennifer Lopez has endeared herself to the public like no one could have predicted during her year as judge on American Idol – but one year with La Lopez is all we may end up getting. The “On The Floor” singer has said she doesn’t know if she’ll return for Season 11, adding, “I haven’t been forced to make a decision and I’m glad about that because honestly I’m very on the fence about it.”
We’re fairly certain this is her way of negotiating with Fox for more money, but just in case Jenny picks the side of the fence without Coca-Cola cups, we’ve got some suggestions for her replacement. Jump below to check out our Top 5 list of female singers of similar stature who we think would be perfect to slip into J-Lo’s spot.
5. Gwen Stefani. The age-defying pop star has already appeared on the show as performer, mentor and stylist, so she’s a regular ’round these parts anyway. And as nice as Gwen comes off, we have a feeling she wouldn’t hesitate telling contestants what they really need to work on. Not to mention the new No Doubt album is (supposedly) being released by the end of this year – a stint on one of the biggest shows on TV certainly would help with publicity for the band’s first album in 10 years.
4. Whitney Houston. The poor woman has needed a comeback for awhile, but we’re not entirely sure her voice is capable of thrusting her back on top. Surely she has some guidance and expertise to share with aspiring pop singers? We want to welcome you back into our lives, Whitney! After all, you are the greatest diva of all time.
3. Beyonce. Though Bey’s still got her adoring stans, the general public’s opinion of the pop star is beginning to wane – with lackluster lead singles and scandals involving alleged style-copping, we think a year-long gig on Idol could help warm up her persona to the public eye much like what with happened with J-Lo, as well as Christina Aguilera with The Voice.
2. Courtney Love. As much as we enjoyed the super-huggable bunch of nice judges on the panel in Season 10, Season 11 needs someone to stir up some drama. And no one is more effortless at creating drama than Courtney. If you thought Steven Tyler saying “fuck a duck” was edgy for primetime, wait til Courtney gets her turn to speak. It will probably just be an entire minute of silence.
1. Cheryl Cole. Hey, the lady needs a job. And wouldn’t it be the biggest FU to Simon by taking a prime spot on his former show?
Who would you like to see replace Jennifer Lopez if she doesn’t return for another helping of Idol? Tell us below!