Today, we’ll walk you through how to add a splash of pink to your Halloween bash with our Nicki Minaj costume guide. Jump below to check it out.
“Super Bass” Nicki Minaj:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A pink wig (like this one from Nicki’s site)
- White rib tank top or men’s undershirt
- Distressed jean cutoffs (be sure to roll them down like the Harajuku Barbie)
- Hot pink Doc Martens
- And of course a prominently displayed yellow push-up bra (like this sassy lady from Victoria’s Secret) with matching undies.
MTV VMA Barbie:
What you’ll need:
- Since a blonde and pink beehive might be hard to track down, opt for a solid pink one instead.
- White tights
- White over the knee socks
- Grab a colored surgical mask and some markers and go crazy.
- From there literally anything goes. Raid Babies R Us and grab everything you can find, hit up a dumpster and pull out anything bright and shiny, use a vinyl shower curtain to make a dress.
- Don’t want to shell out $100 for an ice cream cone necklace like Nicki’s or $80 for the rapper’s infamous pink fried chicken wing? Just nab a plastic chicken wing keychain and spray paint it pink!
Pink Friday Minaj:
What you’ll need:
- Once again, a pink Nicki wig
- Either replicate the rapper’s outfit with a sparkly bustier and silver tutu or opt for a silver, shiny dress like this.
- Pink platform lace-up ankle boots (these should be a close enough match)
- Silver beaded cuff bracelets
To sell that your her Minajesty, be sure to blink a lot and to make tons of crazy faces all night. And don’t forget to slip into at least one of Nicki’s alter egos mid-conversation.
Check back with us next week for another how-to Halloween costume guide — and be sure to send us pics of your fantastic pop star costumes for a chance to win a $50 iTunes gift card!