Still, that figure puts Jackson just behind U2 when it comes to top-earning pop acts, dead or alive, over the past year.
Below is the full list of Forbes‘ Top-Earning Dead Celebrities, which includes rock legends Elvis Presley, John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix, Peanuts creator Charles Schulz, pop artist Andy Warhol, Dr. Seuss children’s book artist Theodor Geisel and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo author Stieg Larsson, among others.
1. Michael Jackson, $170 million
2. Elvis Presley, $55 million
3. Marilyn Monroe, $27 million
4. Charles Schulz, $25 million
5-6. John Lennon/Elizabeth Taylor, $12 million (tie)
7. Albert Einstein, $10 million
8. Theodor Geisel, $9 million
9-12. Jimi Hendrix/Stieg Larsson/Steve McQueen/Richard Rodgers, $7 million (tie)
13-15.. George Harrison/Bettie Page/Andy Warhol, $6 million (tie)