Britney Spears’ Birthday: 30 Fun Facts About The Pop Star
It’sBritney’s 30th Birthday, bitch! And we wouldn’t dare pass this milestone from one of pop’s most beloved performer’s without marking the occasion in some way. Though Brit has only been a pop star for half of her life (only!), we want to celebrate all 30 years of Spears by picking out 30 Fun Facts from her life, career and everything in between. Head below for our gathering of facts, and see how many of these particular pieces of trivia you didn’t know about pop’s favorite femme fatale.
30 FUN FACTS ABOUT BRITNEY
1. She loves vanilla candles!
2. Okay, she likes vanilla, but she’s a bigger fan of chocolate: “Chocolate. Definitely chocolate. A lot of chocolate.” Some of her favorites: Snickers, M&Ms, Twix, Whoppers… she goes on. Seriously, the girl loves chocolate.
3. Britney’s dream vacation would be with her children and boyfriend Jason: “We’d probably just go skiing somewhere really beautiful and have hot chocolate, in a cabin.” (Did we mention she loves chocolate?)
4. She was the sixth person on Twitter to reach over 10 million followers. (She currently has 11,477,650, attracting hundreds of new followers each and every day.)
5. On her bucket list? Skydiving.
6. Her latest album, Femme Fatale, was the first album to give her three Top 10 hits, with “Hold It Against Me”, “Till The World Ends” and “I Wanna Go”. (Not only that, but Femme Fatale made the list of our favorite albums of 2011!)
7. Britney has had four singles top the Hot 100: “Baby… One More Time”, “Womanizer”, “3”, and “Hold It Against Me”. (She also scored a #1 single guesting on the remix for Rihanna’s “S&M”.)
8. Since 2004, she has released 10 fragrances, adding up to 1.5 billion (yes, billion) in perfume sales.
9. Her dream collaboration? Gwen Stefani.
10. Britney has had six albums to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200. The only studio album that did not hit #1 was Blackout, which peaked at #2. (So close!)
11. Though she was snubbed in this year’s race, she won a Grammy in 2005 for Best Dance Recording for “Toxic.” She’s been nominated seven other times.
12. Britney has faired much better at the MTV Music Video Awards — she has been nominated for 30 VMAs, and won 6. (The last one was the Video Vanguard Award, presented to her this past August by Lady Gaga Jo Calderone.)
13. The director’s cut version of her “Womanizer” video is her most-watched video on YouTube, with 88,691,738 views and counting.
14. She says “baby” and “crazy” a whole lot in her songs.
15. If she wasn’t a pop star right now, she says, “I’d probably be a teacher… I’d specialize in reading and history.”
16. Her current bed time? Ten thirty.
17. In 2007, she went on a 6-date sold-out tour at various House Of Blues venues under the pseudonym The M+Ms. Her set was 13 minutes long and included only five songs. (Watch her writhe around to “Breath On Me” here.) Though face value for tickets was $35, scalped tickets went upwards of $500 each.
18. Britney has guest-starred on sitcoms Will & Grace and How I Met Your Mother.
19. In 2010, Britney had an entire Glee episode in tribute to her and her songs. She appeared briefly in the episode, which was titled “Britney/Brittany”.
21. Britney has worked with songwriter/producer Max Martin on every single one of her albums, excluding In The Zone and Blackout.
22. She likes letting her boyfriends star in her music videos — Kevin Federline appeared in “My Prerogative” and current beau Jason Trawick played her partner in crime in “Criminal”. (Thankfully, paparazzi boyfriend Adnan Ghalib never made it into a video.)
23. Though she doesn’t go out clubbing anymore, she does have a club in her house: “And I play a lot of music there!… It has a glitterball. And we have catering and lights. It’s the whole setup.”
24. Britney’s film Crossroads was written by none other than Shonda Rhimes, who went on to create Grey’s Anatomy.
25. Speaking of Crossroads, the film won Britney her first acting award — a Golden Raspberry for Worst Actress and Worst Original Song for “I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman.”
26. Her 2005 UPN reality show with Kevin Federline, Britney & Kevin: Chaotic, only produced five episodes. The tagline: “Can You Handle Our Truth?” and one of the first spoken words of dialogue? Why, our favorite quote of the entire series (and one of our favorite Brit quotes of all time): “They look like boobs. But they’re not. They’re my knees!”, followed by maniacal laughing from Britney.
27. The only music video of Brit’s in which she does not actually appear is for “Break The Ice”, which was animated. (She does, however, have a cartoon doppelganger in the Anime-style clip.)
28. In 2007, Britney was the subject of a pop art show in Hollywood called “Just Britney”, which artwork inspired by the singer’s life and career, as well as all the gossip surrounding the singer. (Check out a few of the art pieces here.)
29. Britney is big enough to warrant two wax statues at Madame Tussauds — one of her hanging to a pole, and one in tribute to her big VMA win in 2009.
30. If you think you know everything about Britney Spears, you’re wrong. When asked by Pop Justice how much the public really knows the real her — “None, everything, half?”, She responded, “I would say half. I can be pretty guarded with my personal life and I’ve learned that’s okay… Sometimes it’s our secrets that define us.”
Happy Birthday Britney!