Just below Christmas, Adele’s Grammy Album Of The Year contender 21, which has now sold a total of 5.28 million copies this year, rises up to the runner-up spot on the chart. Billboard notes that the “Someone Like You” singer’s sophomore effort is now the biggest-selling album in a calendar year since Usher’s Confessions sold eight million in 2004. It’s no surprise, then, that Adele was named the trade publication’s Top Artist Of The Year.
As for Buble’s Christmas, it currently stands at 1.96 million copies sold in 2011. This puts it just behind 21 and Lady Gaga’s Born This Way (2.03 million). But given the rate the holiday album is selling, Buble could surpass Gaga, since there are still 10 more shopping days left in the year.
The Top 10 Of Billboard’s Top 200 Chart
1. Michael Buble, Christmas *4 weeks*
2. Adele, 21
3. Justin Bieber, Under The Mistletoe
4. The Black Keys, El Camino
5. Lady Antebellum, Own The Night
6. Nickelback, Here And Now
7. Drake, Take Care
8. Andrea Bocelli, Concerto: One Night In Central Park
9. Scotty McCreery, Clear As Day
10. Amy Winehouse, Lioness: Hidden Treasures
Michael Buble’s Christmas is out now on 143/Reprise Records. Purchase it at eMusic.