West gave some insight to his recent forays into fashion during last night’s tweet-a-thon. “You guys might think I have some type of backing for my line but I don’t,” he explained. “I did the first fashion show out of my own pocket and used the money I made touring to follow my passion.”
Well, that’s that settled now. Other interesting highlights:
* “I’ve been working at this for 8 years now …from the first offers to do urban clothing lines that I turned down…”
* “To begging Bape to do my line and never making any real headway…”
* “To having an office in LA that was shut down after the “MTV” moment along with my tour with GAGA”
* “I moved to Japan for one month after that and designed every night in my room… I had this opportunity to intern at Fendi and was also..”
* “I moved to Rome after I left Japan and worked at Fendi for 4 months under cover … I was there to give ideas for the men’s collection”
* “I snuck to Giuseppe Zanotti Factory still under contract and learned to design woman’s shoes for 2 years before my first show in Paris”
* “I appreciate having the most nominations at the Grammies but I feel so conflicted by the fact that award shows sometimes are completely……illogical”
* “Good logic tells me smile Kanye… the world likes you again… red or blue pill? … aaaaand Swallow lol”
* “I was just discussing becoming the creative director for the Jetson movie and someone on the call yelled out.. you should do a Jetsons tour!”
* “My Mom would wear blue jeans with a fur and an embellished “Cosby Show” sweater : ) to pick me up from school”
* “Being a celebrity has afforded me many opportunities but has also boxed me in creatively.”
And then there’s Donda, about which Kanye revealed, “I have started a new company and I’m so excited about the name…. it’s got the best name ever of all companies of all time!!!” He describes the firm as “a design company which will galvanize amazing thinkers and put them in a creative space to bounce there dreams and ideas,” and notes that he is “assembling a team of architects, graphic designers, directors musicians, producers, AnRs, writers, publicist, social media experts.”
The good news is that there could be an opportunity for you, dear reader, at Donda: “If anyone would like to reach out email us at contactDONDA@gmail.com”
Get to it, dreamers.
Watch The Throne is out now on Roc-A-Fella. Purchase it at eMusic.
Can’t get enough Grammy Awards news? Follow @idolator on Twitter for the latest Grammys updates, predictions and photos. Plus watch along with us as we live-tweet the show starting at 5 p.m. EST on Sunday, Feb. 12!