We’re jump-starting 2012 with a brand new feature. Check out our new Pop & Fizz chart, where we rank the top artists and headlines in music. Now you’ll know exactly who reigns the pop kingdom from week to week, according to our laboratory-developed research methods and sophisticated calculations.
Here’s how it works: we rank each artist or major news story according to their size (that’s Rank) and then we reveal how we, the pop faithful, feel about them this week (that’s Hype). That’s why, for example, Katy Perry — who didn’t have the best week — ranks above La Roux’s Elly Jackson, who made a splash with a tiny TV appearance.
Here’s our inaugural Pop & Fizz Top 10:
To see just how these artists entered the hype index, check below.
- Adele Unsinkable As She Nears ‘Titanic’ Soundtrack’s Stretch On Album Chart
- Katy Perry Asked Russell Brand To File For Divorce
- LMFAO’s Party Rocking Of Honduras Cut Short Due To Fire
- Kanye West’s Two-Hour Twitter Babble: Donda, Grammys, Fashion & The Jetsons
- Taylor Swift Offered Role In Upcoming ‘Les Miserables’ Movie Musical
- Elton John Confirms Musical Biopic, Wants Justin Timberlake For Lead
- Cee Lo Green Apologizes (Sort Of) For Switching “Imagine” Lyrics New Years Eve
- Lana Del Rey Lined Up For ‘SNL’ Ahead Of Debut Album Release
- Rihanna’s “We Found Love” Video: Yet Another Plagiarism Scandal For RiRi
- La Roux’s Elly Jackson On ‘Absolutely Fabulous’: Watch