We’re but a few weeks into 2012 and the new year has already offered up love (“Glory” and baby Blue Ivy) and loss (R.I.P. Etta). How did the pop world turn this week? Take a peek at our fresh new Pop & Fizz chart, in which we’ve ranked the top artists and news stories shaping the zeitgeist this week, based on incredibly complex math and scientific methods. Where did Adam Lambert, Lil Wayne and Miley Cyrus wind up? See below.
To see exactly how these artists entered the hype index, check below.
- LMFAO To Perform With Madonna At Super Bowl, Says Will.i.am
- Adele’s 21 Has Now Had Longest Stretch At #1 Since Bodyguard Soundtrack
- Etta James’ Album Sales Spike 378% Since Her Death
- Miley Cyrus Tributes Bob Dylan In “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go” Video
- Adam Lambert Reveals ‘Trespassing’ Album Cover
- Seal Tells Piers Morgan Why He Still Wears His Wedding Ring
- Lana Del Rey Is Broke(n-Hearted) Over Her “Million Dollar Man”: Listen
- L.A. Reid Confirms New Fiona Apple Music On The Way
- Steven Tyler’s National Anthem: Worse Than Lana Del Rey’s ‘SNL’ Performance?
- Lil Wayne To Drop New Album Before The Summer