Facebook Reveals Top Love Songs For New Couples — And Breakups
If you’ve made like Heart2Heart and made your new relationship “Facebook Official”, chances are you picked a song or two to help mark the happy occasion. And the same holds true to those who have had to endure the public embarrassment of going from “In A Relationship” to “Single” on the social networking site. For Valentine’s Day, Facebook revealed the Top 10 songs their users played on Spotify as they entered and/or exited a relationship, and the results indicate that people are really strange when it comes to finding music that fits their mood. See what we mean below.
Songs people listen to when entering into a relationship:
1. “Don’t Wanna Go Home” by Jason Derulo
2. “Love On Top” by Beyoncé
3. “How to Love” by Lil Wayne
4. “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
5. “Good Feeling” by Flo Rida
6. “It Girl” by Jason Derulo
7. “Stereo Hearts” by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine
8. “Criminal” by Britney Spears
9. “No Sleep” by Wiz Khalifa
10. “Free Fallin'” by John Mayer
Songs listened by people after ending a relationship:
1. “The Cave” by Mumford and Sons
2. “Crew Love” by Drake
3. “All of the Lights” by Kanye West
4. “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
5. “Take Care” by Drake
6. “It Will Rain” by Bruno Mars
7. “We Found Love” by Rihanna & Calvin Harris
8. “Call It What You Want” by Foster the People
9. “Love You Like a Love Song” by Selena Gomez and the Scene
10. “Without You” by David Guetta featuring Usher
Two songs by Jason Derulo make the first list, which we find hard to believe simply because it’s difficult to accept the idea than any Jason Derulo songs would appear on any list. Secondly, people who have just joined coupledom apparently have a dark outlook on their relationship, as Lil Wayne’s infinitely depressing “How To Love” and Britney Spears’ “Criminal” (about how bad a guy is for her) made the same list.
As for those newly-single peeps, why, they’re free to listen to whatever they want! On the list are happy love songs (“Love You Like A Love Song”) moody tunes (“It Will Rain”), and a whole lot of randomness — we know “We Found Love” revolves around a hopeless place, but the song isn’t exactly mournful, is it?
Enjoy all these songs on Facebook’s Spotify playlists.