The shadow cast by Whitney Houston’s death made the 2012 Grammy Awards feel a little colder, and the pop world at large a little darker. And though that tragedy loomed largest this week, there were other big developments too, and we’ve charted the ups and downs of Madonna, Usher, Nicki Minaj and others on our newest Pop & Fizz graph. (Remember, we measure each artist or major news story according to their size (that’s Rank) and then we weigh how they’re faring overall in the pop zeitgeist (that’s Hype). Scroll below to see who made the cut this week.
To see exactly how these artists entered the hype index, check below.
- Whitney Houston Dead At 48
- Grammy Winners 2012: Adele Wins It All
- Nicki Minaj’s “Roman Holiday” Grammy Performance: Review Revue
- Whitney Houston And Aretha Franklin’s Musical Connection
- Chris Brown Blasts His Critics By Boasting About His Grammy Win
- Madonna Now Has 38 Top 10 Hits — But Did She Plagiarize For Her Latest?
- Skrillex And Ellie Goulding Are A Couple
- Usher And Diplo Reach “Climax” On New Song
- Justin Bieber Gave Selena Gomez A Ring For Valentine’s Day
- Sophia Grace & Rosie Talk To Lady Antebellum & More At The Grammys