The Idolator Hype Index (Week Of 3.5.12)
With South By Southwest right around the corner, we spent the majority of our week getting majorly pumped up for all the performers to hit Austin — particularly those at our own Pray For Pop party at the Pure Volume House. But SXSW aside, there were plenty more developments in pop to chronicle in our weekly Pop & Fizz rankings. (Remember, we measure each artist or major news story according to their size, or “Rank”, and then we weigh how they’re faring overall in the pop zeitgeist, or “Hype”.) Head below to see who filled — and broke — our hearts this week.
To see exactly how these artists entered the hype index, check below.
- Eminem’s Shady Records SXSW Showcase To Feature 50 Cent, Yelawolf
- Garbage Reveals 2012 Tour Dates
- Demi Lovato’s ‘Stay Strong’ Documentary: Watch
- Aaliyah Album Of Unreleased Material On The Way, Says Producer
- Fiona Apple’s Album Title Is 23 Words Long
- Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep” Now The Biggest-Selling Digital Single By A Woman
- Kelly Clarkson, Robin Thicke, Lionel Richie & Jennifer Nettles To Star In ‘Duets’
- Rihanna Shirtless On “Where Have You Been” Video Set
- Fun.’s “We Are Young” Hits #1 On The Hot 100
- Snoop Dogg Teams With Daughter Cori B. For Spoiled-Child Anthem “Daddy’s Girl”