Spice Girls Reunited, Aaliyah Resurrected: Hype Index
Welcome back to the Hype Index, where we take a moment to reflect on the week in pop by ranking the biggest stories and tell you how we really felt about them. This second week in August brought us a new MTV VMAs host, the Billboard Hot 100 chart’s reigning artist, and Adam Lambert‘s style makeover. We also saw some major and minor disappointments by way of Rihanna‘s lost endorsement deal, Lana Del Rey‘s new music and the sad news about the late Amy Winehouse‘s ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil. Just who ranked where? Watch to find out.
To see exactly how these artists entered the hype index, check below.
- Adam Lambert Is A Blond Now
- Kevin Hart Will Host 2012 MTV VMAs — Watch A Promo With Kanye West & Kim Kardashian
- Pink Reveals Eminem, Lily Allen And Nate Ruess Collaborations Are On ‘The Truth About Love’
- Lana Del Rey Does Bond Girl Glam For ‘Vogue Italia’
- Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” Is The Longest-Reigning #1 Single Of 2012 So Far
- Rihanna Dropped By Nivea For Being Too Sexy
- Amy Winehouse’s Ex-Husband Blake Fielder-Civil In A Coma After Reported Drinking Binge
- Lady Gaga Reveals Name Of Her New Album: ‘ARTPOP’
- Drake Says New Aaliyah Album Has Her Family’s Blessing, Despite Reports To The Contrary
- London Olympics 2012: Who’s Who At ‘A Symphony Of British Music’ Closing Ceremony Concert