Welcome back to the Hype Index, our opinionated look on the week in pop. In case you’ve just come back from an silent meditation retreat, Avril Lavigne and Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger are engaged. (We were just as surprised as you are.) This week also brought brought us new releases from the likes Mariah Carey, Grimes and Nicki Minaj. But none of these divas could steal the crown from Christina Aguilera. So just who ranked where? Watch to find out.
To see exactly how these artists entered the hype index, check below.
- Rihanna Tells Oprah She Still Loves Chris Brown In ‘Next Chapter’ Interview
- The Killers’ ‘Battle Born’ Album Trailer “Mark, The Silver”: Idolator Premiere
- Nicki Minaj Debuts “Pink Friday” Fragrance
- Mariah Carey’s “Triumphant (Get ‘Em)” Video: Mimi Sticks To The Sidelines
- Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” Sets Sales Record, Tops Hot 100
- Justin Bieber Set For Cameo On ‘The Simpsons’ Sometime In 2013
- Avril Lavigne Engaged To Nickelback Frontman Chad Kroeger
- Grimes’ “Genesis” Video: Is That Britney Spears’ Snake?
- Lady Gaga, Beyonce Make Forbes’ 100 Most Influential Women List
- Christina Aguilera’s Demo Of New Single “Your Body” Surfaces: Listen