21 was first released stateside in February 2011, and maintained a Top 10 placing for 78 weeks. That leaves the album tied with Def Leppard‘s 1987 album Hysteria and Michael Jackson‘s 1982 pop classic Thriller for the third-longest run in the Top 10 (behind Bruce Springsteen’s Born In The U.S.A., which racked up 84 weeks, and The Sound of Music soundtrack at 109 weeks), notes Billboard.
As for those other new entries in the Top 10 this week, they come in the form of he following: DJ Khaled‘s sixth LP Kiss The Ring at #4 (41,000), Owl City‘s third album The Midsummer Station at #7 (30,000) and Tenth Avenue North‘s The Struggle at #9 (26,000).
The Top 10 Of Billboard’s Top 200 Chart
1. Trey Songz, Chapter V *new* *1 week*
2. 2 Chainz, Based On A T.R.U. Story
3. Various, NOW That’s What I Call Music 43
4. DJ Khaled, Kiss The Ring *new*
5. Justin Bieber, Believe
6. Maroon 5, Overexposed
7. Owl City, The Midsummer Station *new*
8. Rick Ross, God Forgives, I Don’t
9. Tenth Avenue North, The Struggle *new*
10. One Direction, Up All Night