PSY Halloween Costume: A How-To Guide
Pop stars and outrageous outfits go hand in hand, which makes it easy as pumpkin pie to dress up as one for Halloween. Having trouble deciding which artist to choose from? We’re back once again to help you handpick from the most iconic looks of 2012, and to give you some tips on how to recreate them. No need to thank us — instead, save us all the Twix bars you get while Trick or Treating! And don’t forget to enter our Halloween Costume contest here.
What you’ll need:
- A pair of PSY’s signature shades. While the K-Pop star dons pricey Thierry Lasry sunglasses in his vid, you can pull of the look with these for $14.
- Suit up, look sharp. The crooner wears several tuxedos in the “Gangnam Style” video. So if you can’t find a powder blue jacket to rent or at your local thrift store try GoGangnam.com, or you might have an easier time with his all-black look with white undone bow tie:
- Shoes. PSY is best known for his black and white oxfords like these from Amazon, but he also wears studded loafers and all-black shoes in the video. The most important thing is that you can dance in them — which, you’ll be doing all night.
- Gel, pomade or wig, depending on your hair. Just made sure it’s shiny and slicked back, like the pop sensation’s is.
- Going as a group? Add several ladies to your “Gangnam Style” posse. They should have matching sleeveless white or cream tops (like this one for $32), a pair of reflective aviator sunglasses ($10 from Nordstrom), silver sequined shorts (like these from Top Shop) and white sandals.
- The most important thing about your costume? Master the “Gangnam Style” dance!
- And be sure to make a grand entrance:
Ta da! You’re PSY! Now go chat up some “sexy ladies!”