Miley Cyrus Halloween Costume: A How-To Guide
Pop stars and outrageous outfits go hand in hand, which makes it easy as pumpkin pie to dress up as one for Halloween. Having trouble deciding which artist to choose from? Following our suggestions for how to get decked out like “Gangnam Style” sensation PSY and the best way to go trick or treating as Gotye, we’re back once again to help you handpick from the most iconic looks of 2012, and to give you some tips on how to recreate them.
What you’ll need:
- A short, blonde women’s wig. Don’t worry about it being an exact match. One like this from Light In The Box will do.
- Take a pair of scissors and go buck wild. The more lopsided, the better.
- Next, decide on your Miley look: red carpet or everyday. (Be careful, though, if you’re attempting a faux hawk like the one the pop star wore to the 2012 VMAs — people might think you’re dressed as Pink.)
- While you’re deciding, take a black fine-tip sharpie and add several of Miley’s many memorable tattoos, like her ribcage-area dream catcher and Roosevelt quote ink.
- For Miley’s standard every day look (above), you’ll need a plain white t-shirt (a Hanes tee will do just fine — just take some scissors to the neck and sleeve).
- While the 19-year-old’s denim cut-offs seen here run about $150, this pair for $45 will work just as well. Better yet, make a pair of your own.
- Black combat boots are a must. You can invest in a pair like these for $105 or hit up your local thrift store.
- Next comes the gold chain bling that Miley loves. Forever 21 and H&M might have some fun, inexpensive statement pieces. We liked this one from Threadsense.
- If you’re trying to be authentic with your look, here’s the gold spike necklace and bracelets the pop star is wearing in her big Twitpic reveal shots.
- And no Miley Cyrus costume would be complete with out an “engagement ring” from Liam. So get yourself a big chunk of fake ice.
And there you have it — presto-change-o, you’re Billy Ray’s daugher. No go on out there and have a Halloween thats…pretty cool.