Taylor Swift easily fended off new releases from Meek Mill, Rod Stewart, Toby Keith and Neil Young on the Billboard Top 200 chart, as her fourth LP Red sold another 344,000 copies in its second week. This brings the chart-topping album’s sales to 1.553 million…after only two weeks!
Meek Mill thus settles for a #2 debut with debut LP Dreams & Nightmares (165,000), while Rod Stewart’s holiday album Merry Christmas, Baby goes in at #3 (88,000). But Stewart doesn’t have the only festive offering in the Top 10 this week; Trans-Siberian Orchestra‘s Dreams Of Fireflies (On A Christmas Night) EP flutters in at #9 (32,000), which is one position above the debut of Neil Young & Crazy Horse’s Psychedelic Pill (34,000).
The Top 10 Of Billboard’s Top 200 Chart
1. Taylor Swift, Red *2 weeks*
2. Meek Mill, Dreams & Nightmares *new*
3. Rod Stewart, Merry Christmas, Baby *new*
4. Jason Aldean, Night Train
5. Kendrick Lamar, m.A.A.d. City
6. Toby Keith, Hope On The Rocks *new*
7. Mumford & Sons, Babel
8. Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Psychedelic Pill *new*
9. Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Dreams Of Fireflies (On A Christmas Night) *new*
10. Little Big Town, Tornado