Frank Ocean states that he will not press charges against Chris Brown, following the January 27 brawl between the R&B singers and their respective crews at a studio in West Hollywood. Frank wrote on his blog: “As a child I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man. But as a man I am not a killer. I’m an artist and a modern person. I’ll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit.”
He then joined Rihanna in the vaunted Celebrities Who Have Been Punched By, And Then Forgiven, Chris Brown Club: “Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. Peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace.”
Earlier this week, the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department said that the Best New Artist Grammy nominee was “desirous of prosecution in this incident.” Very little else is known about what happened: Ocean himself broke the news of the confrontation on Twitter (“got jumped by chris and a couple guys. lol.”), while Brown denied throwing punches at all. Authorities have also yet to determine the exact cause; some reports cite a blocked parking space, while TMZ says Ocean refused to shake Brown’s hand.
Ocean’s blog post follows Brown’s declaration (via Instagram) that he intends to move on: “Bullshit will forever be in the shadows.”