It didn’t quite rack up Christmas numbers (yet?), but Michael Buble‘s latest set of perky pop-jazz tunes and standards, To Be Loved, still managed to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 after selling 195,000 copies in its first week. The album contains current single “It’s A Beautiful Day” as well as covers of “Something Stupid” (a duet with sometimes-songstress Reese Witherspoon, no less), “To Love Somebody” and “Have I Told You Lately.”
Over on the Hot 100, Pink and Nate Ruess‘ heartbreaking pair-up “Just Give Me A Reason” remains atop the chart for a third week, while sassy Swedes Icona Pop and their British pal Charli XCX each enter the Top 10 in America for the first time, as their bratty jam “I Love It” climbs up to #9.
Ever more stellar than all of the above achievements, of course, is the fact that R&B’s most flexible diva, Ciara, has landed her first Top 40 hit since 2009′s “Love Sex Magic.” That’s right — “Body Party” has slunk its way to #35 this week, everyone, and we’re arching our backs in celebration!
The Top 10 Of The Billboard 200 Chart
1. Michael Buble, To Be Loved *new* *1 week*
2. Fantasia, Side Effects Of You *new*
3. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience
4. Phoenix, Bankrupt!
5. Fall Out Boy, Save Rock And Roll
6. Blake Shelton, Based On A True Story
7. Rob Zombie, Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor *new*
8. Kid Cudi, Indicud
9. will.i.am, #willpower *new*
10. Pink, The Truth About Love