Mariah Carey’s Performance Of “#Beautiful” On ‘Good Morning America’ Is A Flawless Mess: Watch
There was nothing about Mariah Carey‘s performance on Good Morning America this morning that went according to plan — and yet, somehow, it’s probably her greatest appearance ever. Such is the way with Mariah Carey, a walking camp classic, the diva to end all divas.
As Mimi, joined by her collaborator Miguel, took the stage, everything seemed to go horribly wrong, and perfectly right.
Some noteworthy highlights:
1. She said, “Shit,” then covered badly by saying, “I said ‘Shoot.'” No you didn’t!
2. She explained that she gets up at this hour (it was very early), and then said, “I don’t mean I wake up, I mean I go to sleep. It’s kinda the same thing for me.” Which, really, what does that mean? What does that even mean, Mariah? Do you know? Does anyone?
3. Her dress popped open in the back.
4. “I love you, Donatella, but it popped, darling.”
5. “I just wanted to change the ensemb.”
6. “Both of them are out now.” (She was talking about her breasts.)
7. “What should we call this — the Central Park Saga?”
8. “It seems like it’s several moments. It seems like a YouTube moment. Possibly Spotify, even.” (Does Mariah Carey know what Spotify is?)
9. The audio was terrible in the performance, so both Mariah and Miguel sounded kind of awful.
10. It didn’t matter.
Watch the rest of the footage — a medley of her hits and some great interview chatter, including the above — below.