Daft Punk Still Receiving Digital Love Atop Album Chart, Little Mix Debut High With ‘DNA’
It’s a second week at #1 for Daft Punk on the Billboard 200 —”one more time,” if you will — as the French duo‘s Random Access Memories has racked up another 93,000 copies in sales. And given that lead single “Get Lucky” has now jumped up to #3 on the Hot 100, it’s probably time for the robots to go get drunk on champagne — or starter fluid, or whatever the hell they drink.
Meanwhile, 2011 UK X Factor winners Little Mix snag a decent stateside debut at #4 on the album chart with DNA (50,000). Not bad for the quartet, considering the album only managed to reach #3 in their home country, and they achieved the feat without the aid of an E! reality series. In fact, having an E! show might be actually be a really, really bad thing for Brits attempting to crack America. (See: The Saturdays non-existent stateside career.)
Head below to catch how the rest of the Top 10 played out this week.
1. Daft Punk, Random Access Memories *2 weeks*
2. Alice In Chains, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here *new*
3. John Fogerty, Wrote A Song For Everyone *new*
4. Little Mix, DNA *new*
5. Blake Shelton, Based On A True Story
6. Darius Rucker, True Believers
7. Various, The Great Gatsby soundtrack
8. Imagine Dragons, Night Visions
9. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience
10. Vampire Weekend, Modern Vampires Of The City