Still, what this means for the future of Joy Williams and John Paul White‘s professional relationship remains unclear. The pair put The Civil Wars on hiatus late last year, citing “internal discord and irreconcilable differences.” Prior to that, the duo won three Grammys, including one for their debut LP Barton Hollow, which eventually peaked at #10 on the Billboard 200 following its release in 2011. “They” say it’s always good to go out on top, but still — hell of a shame to cut such a promising career short so soon.
See how the rest of the Top 10 played out below.
The Top 10 Of The Billboard 200 Chart
1. The Civil Wars, The Civil Wars *new* *1 week*
2. Various, NOW 47 *new*
3. Robin Thicke, Blurred Lines
4. Jay-Z, Magna Carta Holy Grail
5. Soundtrack, Teen Beach Movie
6. Asking Alexandria, From Death To Destiny *new*
7. Imagine Dragons, Night Visions
8. Five Finger Death Punch, The Wrong Side Of Heaven & The Righteous Side Of Hell
9. Tye Tribbett, Greater Than *new*
10. Florida Georgia Line, Here’s To The Good Times