Four new album crash into the Top 10 of the Billboard 200, led by California hard-rockers Avenged Sevenfold, who debut at #1 with sixth album Hail To The King (159,000 copies sold). That pushes Luke Bryan‘s Crash My Party down to the runner-up spot, leaving Big Sean to go in at #3 with Hall Of Fame (87,000) and Juicy J to enter at #4 with Stay Trippy (64,000).
The rest of the upper tier of the Billboard 200 is a bit of a snooze ahead of several big September releases, though Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars manage to hop back up following their performances at the MTV Video Music Awards the other weekend. (As of July, JT’s The 20/20 Experience was already the year’s top album, with over 2 million copies sold.)
See who all charted where this week by heading below.
The Top 10 Of The Billboard 200 Chart
1. Avenged Sevenfold, Hail To The King *new* *1 week*
2. Luke Bryan, Crash My Party
3. Big Sean, Hall Of Fame *new*
4. Juicy J, Stay Trippy *new*
5. Robin Thicke, Blurred Lines
6. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience
7. John Mayer, Paradise Valley
8. Various, Alabama & Friends *new*
9. Bruno Mars, Unorthodox Jukebox
10. TGT, Three Kings