Drake Nabs Second-Highest Sales Week Of The Year With ‘Nothing Was The Same’
Drake’s third album Nothing Was The Same not only tops the latest Billboard 200 chart, the LP has also posted the second-best sales week of the year after moving 658,000 copies out of the gate. That ranks just behind Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience, which opened with 968,000 earlier in the year. In at third place now with big sales weeks in 2013 is Jay Z’s Magna Carta Holy Grail, which started with just over 528,000 copies in July.
Drake leads seven new entries in the upper tier of the Billboard 200 this week, including Kings Of Leon’s Mechanical Bull at #2 (110,000), Cher’s Closer To The Truth at #3 (63,000) — mind you, her highest chart placing (outside of Sonny & Cher) ever on the main album roundup! — and Elton John’s The Diving Board at #4 (47,000).
Head below to see how the rest of the Top 10 shook out this week.
The Top 10 Of The Billboard 200 Chart
1. Drake, Nothing Was The Same *new* *1 week*
2. Kings Of Leon, Mechanical Bull *new*
3. Cher, Closer To The Truth *new*
4. Elton John, The Diving Board *new*
5. Jack Johnson, From Here To Now To You
6. Luke Bryan, Crash My Party
7. Dream Theater, Dream Theater *new*
8. Krewella, Get Wet *new*
9. Metallica, Through The Never *new*
10. Justin Moore, Off The Beaten Path