Rihanna “Bal Gal” Fenty is the Queen of Ratchetry (have you seen her Instagram?), and she took her well-deserved title to the stripper-approved next level in her racy video for “Pour It Up.” With our Halloween DIY tutorial, you will have everyone seeing “Dolla Sign$”! Denim thong sold separately.
What You’ll Need:
- The focal point of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up” look is her crystal bra, so try out this rhinestone version from Etsy for $11. Rihanna’s lucite stripper heels were custom-made to include dollar bills with her face on them — you know, keeping it classy. To complete your sophistiratchet costume, try out these 6-inch stunners for $40. For a cheaper alternative, just stop by your local adult store (specifically in Midtown — they’re literally on every block) to grab a pair.
- Top the look off with this blonde wig for $25, a pair of black latex gloves for $15 , round sunglasses for $6, red lips (courtesy of RiRi ♥’s MAC “RiRi Woo,” of course) and you’ll be ready to drop it like it’s hot!
- As for that infamous denim thong she wears in the video, there are many ways to achieve the look. Grab a pair of Daisy Dukes from a thrift shop (or Target) and 1. Throw them in a blender to recreate the ripped effect or 2. Take a butcher’s knife and hack away! Make sure you wear a substantial thong underneath the denim version (you don’t want chaffing – ouch!) like this lace one from H&M for $7.
- If this Jamaican Dancehall Queen-inspired look is more your style, keep the curly wig from the previous look and swap the rhinestone bra & denim thong for a bedroom-ready satin chemise — like this one from Frederick’s Of Hollywood for $28.
- Finish the costume with white-hot stilettos for $25, false eyelashes for $8 and a sparkly choker for $20. To achieve Rihanna’s hot pink eyebrows, use this hair dye from Ricky’s NYC for $10.
- Rihanna pays homage to Cher in her “If I Could Turn Back Time” video with this fishnet getup, which is oddly the least revealing outfit from the video. First, you’ll need a base underneath the fishnet costume. Just because Riri posed naked with it on, doesn’t give you should do the same! Pair this pleather bustier from Forever 21 for $17 with black boy shorts underneath this long-sleeved fishnet body-stocking for $8 to pull off the singer’s scandalous look.
- Finish things off with red lips, this curly bedhead wig for $15, a gold chain belt for $9 and thigh-high boots a la Pretty Woman for $49. Who knew looking this cheap would be so expensive?
- Whichever outfit you decide to rock from Rihanna’s “Pour It Up” video, make sure to have a couple of dollar bills on hand (specifically inside the waist of your thong) and don’t be afraid to ask for bigger tips!