Idolator Halloween: How To Dress Like Rihanna In “Pour It Up”!
Pop stars and outrageous outfits go hand in hand, which makes it easy as pumpkin pie to dress up as one for Halloween. Having trouble deciding which artist to choose from? We’re here to help you pick from the most iconic looks from 2013, and to show you fun ways to recreate them.
Rihanna “Bal Gal” Fenty is the Queen of Ratchetry (have you seen her Instagram?), and she took her well-deserved title to the stripper-approved next level in her racy video for “Pour It Up.” With our Halloween DIY tutorial, you will have everyone seeing “Dolla Sign$”! Denim thong sold separately.
What You’ll Need:
- The focal point of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up” look is her crystal bra, so try out this rhinestone version from Etsy for $11. Rihanna’s lucite stripper heels were custom-made to include dollar bills with her face on them — you know, keeping it classy. To complete your sophistiratchet costume, try out these 6-inch stunners for $40. For a cheaper alternative, just stop by your local adult store (specifically in Midtown — they’re literally on every block) to grab a pair.
- Top the look off with this blonde wig for $25, a pair of black latex gloves for $15 , round sunglasses for $6, red lips (courtesy of RiRi ♥’s MAC “RiRi Woo,” of course) and you’ll be ready to drop it like it’s hot!
- As for that infamous denim thong she wears in the video, there are many ways to achieve the look. Grab a pair of Daisy Dukes from a thrift shop (or Target) and 1. Throw them in a blender to recreate the ripped effect or 2. Take a butcher’s knife and hack away! Make sure you wear a substantial thong underneath the denim version (you don’t want chaffing – ouch!) like this lace one from H&M for $7.
- If this Jamaican Dancehall Queen-inspired look is more your style, keep the curly wig from the previous look and swap the rhinestone bra & denim thong for a bedroom-ready satin chemise — like this one from Frederick’s Of Hollywood for $28.
- Finish the costume with white-hot stilettos for $25, false eyelashes for $8 and a sparkly choker for $20. To achieve Rihanna’s hot pink eyebrows, use this hair dye from Ricky’s NYC for $10.
- Rihanna pays homage to Cher in her “If I Could Turn Back Time” video with this fishnet getup, which is oddly the least revealing outfit from the video. First, you’ll need a base underneath the fishnet costume. Just because Riri posed naked with it on, doesn’t give you should do the same! Pair this pleather bustier from Forever 21 for $17 with black boy shorts underneath this long-sleeved fishnet body-stocking for $8 to pull off the singer’s scandalous look.
- Finish things off with red lips, this curly bedhead wig for $15, a gold chain belt for $9 and thigh-high boots a la Pretty Woman for $49. Who knew looking this cheap would be so expensive?
- Whichever outfit you decide to rock from Rihanna’s “Pour It Up” video, make sure to have a couple of dollar bills on hand (specifically inside the waist of your thong) and don’t be afraid to ask for bigger tips!