Miley Cyrus’ ‘Bangerz’ Debuts At #1, ‘Glee’ & Cassadee Pope Make Top 10 On Album Chart
With a sturdy wrecking ball betwixt her thighs, sweet Miley Cyrus has slammed her Bangerz all the way to the top of the Billboard 200. The album sold about 270,000 copies in its first week, an improvement over the 102,000 the Disney cherub’s last LP, Can’t Be Tamed, opened with in 2010. That’s not surprising, given the airplay and chart success of Bangerz’s two singles “We Can’t Stop” (#2 on the Hot 100) and “Wrecking Ball” (#1).
Bangerz is one of seven debuts in the upper tier of the Top 10, including the latest Glee cast release, The Quarterback, which serves as the soundtrack from last week’s Cory Monteith/Finn Hudson tribute episode, and the first post-win album from Cassadee Pope, champ of The Voice Season 3.
Below, see how all your other fave pop bangerz fared this week.
1. Miley Cyrus, Bangerz *new* *1 week*
2. Panic! At The Disco, Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die *new*
3. Drake, Nothing Was The Same
4. Pusha T, My Name Is My Name *new*
5. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience — 2 Of 2
6. Lorde, Pure Heroine
7. Glee Cast, The Quarterback *new*
8. Korn, Paradigm Shift *new*
9. Cassadee Pope, Frame By Frame *new*
10. Mayday Parade, Monsters In The Closet *new*