Celine Dion Also Said No To Performing At Donald Trump’s Shitty Inauguration

No one wants to perform at Donald Trump‘s presidential inauguration on January 20 except for 2010 America’s Got Talent winner Jackie Evancho, and even she’s probably second-guessing that career move after all the cyber-bullying she and her family have received as a result. (It should be noted that Evancho has performed twice in front of President Obama in the past.)

The latest artist to reportedly give a pass to singing at Trump’s big event is Celine Dion. The Wrap notes that the Mark Burnett-led team planning Trump’s inauguration events failed to book the French-Canadian singer, even after Las Vegas mogul Steve Wynn promised to deliver Dion. The diva previously had a five-year residency, between 2009 and 2014, at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.

Other singers who’ve passed on the president-elect’s inauguration include Andrea Bocelli, Garth Brooks and Elton John. Hit-making songwriter/producer David Foster declined to take part, as well.

The Wrap goes on to report the following:

Mark Burnett, who produces Celebrity Apprentice with Trump and has been overseeing entertainment for inauguration festivities, has brought in talent recruiter Suzanne Bender, a former Dancing With The Stars and American Idol booker, to end an effective freeze-out by Hollywood, the insider said.

Trump’s team denied it’s having any issues booking top artists.

“First class entertainers are eager to participate in the inaugural events,” Boris Epshteyn, communications director for the Presidential Inaugural Committee told TheWrap in an email on Wednesday. “The inauguration as a whole will be an exciting and uniting celebration of freedom and democracy. We will be releasing further details at the appropriate time.”

Good luck with that.

Keep up with more pop music news by hitting us up on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.