Six ‘Bionic’ Revelations From Christina Aguilera’s Interview With Ryan Seacrest
The day after her brand new single “Not Myself Tonight” premiered, Christina Aguilera called up Ryan Seacrest’s 102.7 KIIS-FM Los Angeles morning show to discuss her upcoming album Bionic (out June 8), her role in feature film Burlesque and taking her “gays and her girls” out to see Puppetry Of The Penis last week. But, lucky you—we decided to cut through all the fluff and just pull out the most revealing info about Xtina’s new LP. Because we understand what a girl wants and what a girl needs. Read on!
First, here’s the full interview:
And here are the Bionic bits:
* “I was finished with my record and I put it on hold so I could go film [Burlesque]. By the time I was finished with the movie, I had more things to say and more stories to write about. That’s how ‘Not Myself Tonight,’ the first single, got birthed.”
* “I didn’t write [“Not Myself Tonight”], actually. And I really make sure that I write all my material because it’s really important that I feel it. But that song kind of showed up at my doorstep… I was asking for tracks, and whatnot, and that just kind of showed up. I was like, oh my God, I have to sing this song—it’s just so me.”
* “It’s really a fun, fun record. Really futuristic. I was inspired by a lot of electronic music, electronic artists, and so you’ll hear all those elements.”
* “[There are] different textures and things with my voice that I was really playing around with and having fun with on this record that I never even knew I could do, vocally.”
* “So many collaborations: M.I.A., Santigold. A lot of great producers and artists: Sia—I loved working on this record. It’s my favorite to date.”
* “I’m exploring a lot of different sides of myself. The first single sort of feels like a multi-personality sort of thing to me.”
So, to recap: Christina, who’s feeling a bit schizo, sings on this album, which had several writers and producers and is going to be quite dancey. Brilliant!