Idolator’s Top 5 Favorite Moments From Wango Tango
Although Britney Spears’s co-hosting gig was little more than a walk-on cameo, and Matthew Morrison basically ignored our wishes for him to stop rapping as he launched into Kanye West’s “Gold Digger”, there were plenty of great sights to behold this past weekend at KIIS FM’s annual Wango Tango pop fest at Staples Center. Jump below to find out what they were!
IDOLATOR’S TOP 5 FAVORITE MOMENTS FROM 2011 WANGO TANGO
5. Ke$ha’s glittery skeleton corset (see above), which we consider the closest thing to Hot Topic couture.
4. Britney Spears’ mere presence alone is enough to make us excited, even if it lasts shorter than expected.
3. The lack of JR Rotem-styled air horns during Jason Derulo’s set. Thank you for sparing us, Jase!
2. Jennifer Lopez showing everyone she’s a total pro when her sound system failed and she had to booty-shake to silence. Never let them see ya sweat, J-Lo!
1. American Idol‘s ousted contestants Casey Abrams and Pia Toscano making a surprise appearance on the stage. Casey sang Maroon 5’s “Harder To Breathe”, and Pia performed “Where Do Broken Hearts Go.” Both sounded brilliant, though Pia’s style — a form-fitting mini-dress — totally trumped Casey’s just-rolled-out-of-bed-look. We really do hope Casey gets a soul-jazz album out of all of this, but if there’s any justice in the world, Ms. Toscano will be a bona fide pop phenom by year’s end. Ryan Tedder! Write this woman a chart topping ballad, ASAP!