Idolator Halloween: How To Dress Like Miley Cyrus & Robin Thicke At The VMAs!
Pop stars and outrageous outfits go hand in hand, which makes it easy as pumpkin pie to dress up as one for Halloween. Having trouble deciding which artist to choose from? We’re here to help you pick from the most iconic looks from 2013, and to show you fun ways to recreate them.
As much as we would love to, who could honestly forget the insanity that was Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke‘s performance at the 2013 MTV VMAs? It was the single moment that stuck out from the otherwise mellow show, and went on to become a defining moment for pop culture this year. So why not tribute it with a sexified, BANGERZ-worthy Halloween costume?
What You’ll Need:
- Let’s start with Miley’s wild bear costume! Here’s a cute DIY leotard for $60 that actually isn’t nightmare-inducing! If you don’t want to expose your entire body like Miley has time and time…and time again, check out this $24 t-shirt alternative of her bear onesie (it’s perfect for guys to wear too!)
- For her barely-there nude latex bikini, rock this bra ($32) and these boy shorts ($16) from American Apparel. Oh, be sure to wax before wearing this revealing costume. That’s definitely a major tip.
- The key to this costume is definitely in the details. Pick up some red lipstick from your local drugstore to achieve the singer’s bright and pouty lip. Top it off with these white platform sneakers for $14.
- Who could forget Miley’s foam finger prop that she licked, stroked and did other NC-17 things with? Use this one for $10.
- Don’t forget to practice your twerking – and stick out that tongue!
- Robin Thicke’s black-and-white striped get-up gave more Beetlejuice vibes than the intended referee inspiration, so try this suit for $38. Top it off with a whistle necklace for $2.
- As seen in the photo below, Robin & Miley have similar coifed hairstyles. If you and a friend are tag-teaming on this Halloween duo, make sure to share hair gel with each other to achieve both slicked-back hairdos.