Idolator Halloween: How To Dress Like Katy Perry In “Roar”!
Pop stars and outrageous outfits go hand in hand, which makes it easy as pumpkin pie to dress up as one for Halloween. Having trouble deciding which artist to choose from? We’re here to help you pick from the most iconic looks from 2013, and to show you fun ways to recreate them.
Were you obsessed with Katy Perry‘s super-sexy version of Tarzan’s costume from her jungle-themed “Roar” music video? Check out our tutorial below to see how you can channel your inner warrior!
What You’ll Need:
- The beginning of the “Roar” video shows Katy Perry surviving an airplane crash while wearing a modest shirt and skirt combo. If that’s more your style, cop this button-down shirt for $18 and a classic pencil skirt for $10 from Target. Finish it off with a leopard scarf for $14.
- To achieve the destroyed look, grab a pair of scissors and hack away. If you really want to be authentic, (carefully) use a lighter and burn the edges of your clothes.
- Katy Perry is known for her big, um, assets – which are on full display in her Tarzan Jane outfit. Perch your girls up high with this leopard bustier from Forever 21 for $14. For a grass skirt, try out this green raffia version for $5.
- The singer’s famous jet-black locks add even more sex appeal to the already sultry outfit. If you’re daring, you can dye your hair with this temporary rinse for $9. Or just purchase a wig for the night for $26.
- The Queen of the Jungle needs a proper crown, and Katy Perry fashions her own out of tropical flowers. Skip the DIY session and just gather these flower hair clips (like these for $2 a piece) around your head for a beautiful headdress!
- To complete this costume, perch a plush monkey on your shoulder like this one for $10 (or a real one, depending on your state’s laws), strap on some gladiator sandals (try these gold ones for $10) and you’ll be ready for the jungle!