Jonas Brothers Officially Confirm Breakup: “It’s Over For Now”
In the weeks following the cancellation of Jonas Brothers‘ reunion tour and the deactivation of the band’s Twitter account, there was no official confirmation that the band broke up. Last week, Joe and Nick individually addressed the situation on Twitter, with Nick saying, “Bear with us,” and Joe asking fans to “please hold while we get our shit together.” Those messages suggested there was a chance the band would survive intact, but now the three guys confirmed to People that the band has split.
“It’s over for now,” Kevin told the magazine, breaking his silence. “It’s really hard to say ‘forever,'” Nick added. “We’re closing a chapter, for sure.”
It turns out Nick was the catalyst for the band’s dissolution, calling a meeting on October 3. “I was feeling kind of trapped,” he said. “I needed to share my heart with my brothers.” But Joe added, “It was a unanimous decision.”