Jason Aldean, Hozier Make Big Debuts On The Album Chart While Barbra Streisand, Lady Gaga Hold Steady
We’ll be honest: If Kelly Clarkson isn’t involved, we don’t really follow Jason Aldean. But congrats to the 37-year-old Georgia native, anyway, for earning his second chart-topping album on the Billboard 200 with Old Boots, New Dirt. The LP sold 278,000 copies this week, thus bumping Blake Shelton from #1 and racking up the third-largest opening for an album in 2014, behind Coldplay‘s Ghost Stories (383,000) and Eric Church‘s The Outsiders (288,000).
Coming in just behind Aldean is Irish crooner Hozier, whose weekend appearance on Saturday Night Live no doubt aided his self-titled debut landing at #2 with 58,000 copies sold. After that, music’s old standards continue to rule, as Barbra Streisand and the duo of Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga refuse to budge from the #3 and #4 positions, respectively.
See how the rest of the Top 10 played out this week below.
The Top 10 Of The Billboard 200 Chart:
1. Jason Aldean, Old Boots, New Dirt *new* *1 week*
2. Hozier, Hozier *new*
3. Barbra Streisand, Partners
4. Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga, Cheek To Cheek
5. Weezer, Everything Will Be Alright In The End *new*
6. Blake Shelton, Bringing Back The Sunshine
7. Stevie Nicks, 24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault *new*
8. Alex & Sierra, It’s All About Us *new*
9. Keyshia Cole, Point Of No Return *new*
10. Sam Smith, In The Lonely Hour
Get an eyeful of even more pop music coverage, from artist interviews to exclusive performances, on Idolator’s YouTube channel.